Saturday 31 July 2010

people peeple pepple

Maybe it's time to lay down the title of 'Awkward Fucker'. No. Not as in a sexual fuck, but as in 'person'.

Let me explain.. The thing is, I'm not as chatty in real life, nor as eloquent (if you can consider my blog eloquent), nor as witty (please, just humor me :p).. I've been known to fumble my way through social situations, babble incoherently at strangers and sometimes I just smile, cock my head to the side and pretend like I know what's going on. Hence 'Awkward Fucker'. I try to avoid meeting new people unless I have to and when I stumble into things.. I'm.. well.. Awkward. With a capital A.

Was.

Sort of.

I'm not suddenly a social butterfly, but I think I've gotten better. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but these days I enjoy meeting new people. LE GASP. Maybe it's experience, maybe it's my job (which forces me to communicate well with strangers), or maybe I'm finally maturing into one of those people who can talk to other people without wanting to puke, like.. you know.. NORMAL people.

I hear normal people socialize without wanting to run and hide away in a cave somewhere.

I think I'm turning 'normal'. Mwaha.

I'm liking this (somewhat) recent development. Fingers crossed it's not just a phase. Because really - people aren't so bad. (Especially if they've been selected by my trusted friends, and I've been told they were exceptionally fun. And so far, none of my friends have failed me and introduced me to a freak who wants to sniff my cat and pee in my garden.)

Oh. And by 'meeting people' I don't mean for romantic purposes.. Just.. meeting people in general..!

3 comments:

calvin said...

well, when you meet people and bringing harddisk I know you just did some shady transaction and exchanging shady files. atri yah! nakal!

colson said...

Whatever contributes to more (legal)endorphins (even if that means enjoying the company of people) is great. But please postpone becoming a 100% normal human being till after we've met. I like my granddaughter best if her mother calls her 'nakal'. I guess that's the best way to be - almost 'normal', but definitely nakal.

mousharilla said...

Calvin; yah kalo hard disk pasti sama lu :p

Colson: Hahaha! I';; never be 100% normal, I dont think it's possible :p but well.. Yes, I'm starting to interact like a normal person. Which is a good thing! HAhaha

陳雲惠: Thank you :)