Thursday 8 October 2009

Jeremy Clarkson is a self entitled arse..

... but it can't be denied that he's so very good with words.

He has a acerbic wit and never fails to state his likes and dislikes in his book "For Crying Out Loud!", which is a compilation of columns he wrote for The Sunday Times between January 2006 to December 2007.

This isn't a review, you wont find a single thing useful in this post regarding what exactly is in his book.. Just that I laughed my arse off, and I kept going up to my brother to say "Hahaha, listen to what Clarkson has to say!", which is idiotic since it's him that lent me the book in the first place. I just wanted to say that the book is highly entertaining and it really made my day.

His rants range from his fascination with his wife's handbag which in his opinion could probably hide Osama Bin Laden pretty effectively, to McEton - what he thinks is a genius idea of franchising Eton since everyone seems enthusiastic about lapping up anything British.

People seem to either hate the guy or love him, and I have to say I'm afraid for now I'm in the camp of those who love him. He's not always politically correct but excessive political correctness does piss me off (we have something called 'common sense', use it.). The book is seriously fun and just.. Yes.

Okay so maybe this turned into a bit of a review.

You may say reading a book written by a person doesn’t mean you know them, but you get the general gist of what he’s like as a guy through his writings. Plus, I used to love watching Top Gear, and even though I didn’t understand much about cars, I’ve always enjoyed his comments and comparisons (The only reason I don’t still watch it now is because I haven’t watched TV in so long, I literally never get references to local TV shows and adverts).

These days when I drive, and a motorcycle pisses me off or an idiot on the road manages to make monkeys looks intelligent – I ask WWJD. What Would Jeremy Do? And the things my head come up with are enough to calm my nerves and make me laugh.

1 comment:

colson said...

It's different from reading a book of course, but it is significant that "Top Gear" is immensely popular over here. Each and every friend is a fan. It's often the main subject when I'm in their company. I guess it is great fun, but..

I'm the odd man out. I love English wit, but in this case it is just beyond me.