My favourite sentence to read so far, this year :
Thank you for your timely payment. I will get your Item shipped soon. Thanks again
SQUEE! I love the internet. I love vintage bags. And I love the 80's.
So yes. Etsy is a combination of catnip, crack and caffeine for me. Especially when I haven't had any sleep. Oh the prettyness available on teh int3rw3bz makes me dizzy.
No, this post wont just be me squealing about the beautiful 80's grey-brown wondrous patchwork bag I have just ten minutes or so ago purchased. I promise.
See, I have these 'goals' I want to achieve before I'm 30. Well, not so much 'goals' as random sillyness I want to do so I can brag that I've lived a little in my youth - and I figure writing them down is a good start. You know, the whole - visualize it, then reach for it with both hands thing. So here they are!!
1. I want to spend $250 on etsy. I want corsets, bags and shoes. Yes, shopping is a goal. If I have the dosh to spend, then logically it means I have the job that can fund my madness.
2. Learn the violin. Even if I am semi-tone deaf when it comes to playing stuff.
3. Start learning French again. Just so I can read all those letters my friend and I exchanged when we were 13.
4. Go on a beach-hopping trip around Jawa, and be a beach bum for a month. Because Indonesian beaches are just to beautiful to ignore.
5. Go on a holiday by myself. Being in Bali on my own, last year made me realize how much I love exploring places by myself.
6. Dye my hair an outrageous colour. Like fire-engine red or bright purple. This is partly because I've always wanted to do this, and partly because I want to stick my tongue out at my brother who once dyed his hair bright red with one huge yellow streak.. Or alternatively - I want to go bald.
7. Pamper my mum and dad. Because fabulous parents should be treasured. And I figure I owe them for all the times I've patted their arms patronizingly and saying : "Toys should be seen and not heard".
8. Learn to sew. Oh I can sew, but I mean sew as in tailoring a beautiful personalized skirt, so that I can turn heads, and make people drool. Over my bodacious curves. Err, I mean my mad sk1llz with the sewing machine.
9. Spend a whole weekend being plastered out of my mind with my two best friends. Because it's unfair that other people have seen them that drunk, but I haven't had the chance to point at them and laugh.
10. Have a costume party on my birthday. And I mean full on fancy dress costumes. - And then go out to a fancy place to eat dinner. - Was gonna do this paticular one this year, but I took pity on my more.. sahll we say.. 'reserved' friends.
Random things which will make me happy and giggle to myself, because I'm easily pleased. What can I say - I love sillyness in all its glorious form. Oh here's another one:
I hope I'm never too busy sticking my head up my arse to know when to let down my hair and have fun. I hope I'll always be able to talk to a 7-year old as if we're peers of the same age, and I hope I never stop being easily pleased