Wednesday 25 November 2009

On writing..

I was such a productive little shit when I was 15. I hate myself. Seriously. Looking back, I'm disgusted at how much time I could spend writing. Hours upon hours upon hours of writing and editing.

Yes, this is 23 year old me, being jealous of the 15 year old I used to be.

I had a discussion with my best friend a while back.. We both feel like we're really shit at writing fiction now. Around 2001/2002, we were seriously addicted at writing. And it wasn't all shit either. There are some stuff I wrote back then that I'm still quite proud of. Not necessarily brilliant, but so much better than my stuff now.

I think.. I think that I should probably have stuck by NaNoWriMo (which to be honest, really isn't possible right now).

I have pages upon pages upon pages of excerpts. Just bits and bobs that I worked on years ago. A sentence or two that I can probably expand into a longer piece.. Just a ton of un-edited words piled up in my room. Remnants on when my brain didn't over analyze the words which spewed out of me.

And one of these days.. Soon.. I'm going to take 30 days and I'm going to do my own NaNoWriMo. Because I need to have fun again.

Frankly, over thinking sucks.

No comments: