Thursday 26 November 2009

Pumped up!

Once upon a time, I was really envious of my super artsy MUMandDADandBROTHER, who all seemed to be able to wield a paintbrush like whoa.

I was of course shit at art.

Or so I thought.

I'm no expert, but I'm damned pleased of the stuff I have. They're always sketchy, because I have no patience. They're always vague, because I have no patience. And I always have at least 5 copies of whatever it is I'm working on, shredded and haphazardly thrown in the bin, because strangely enough (for someone who really does have little to no patience).. I'm a perfectionist. I hatehatehate smudges.

And when you work best with ballpoint pens, pastels and chalks - well. Sucks to be you (or more precisely.. me)

It's been a while since I touched the stuff, and that's probably because I have really really awesome friends who are so much better at the arts than me. But I pick it up again every few months before letting it lie dormant again for some time.

ANYWAY.

What I'm trying to say is : I'm gonna try to fire up my scanner *soon* so I can post some of my sketches up. 'Cause really - why should my photos get all the glory??

No comments: